First off, happy b’day to MH! Yay! 🙂 I can speak for Tina Fey and say that she too wishes you a happy birthday. She just doesn’t know it yet.
Anyways, the Hollywood Reporter website contains an article about the Parents Television Council’s latest attempts to stick it to Seth McFarlane, creator of Family Guy. The PTC will be filing an “indecency” complaint about the exploits of the fictitious cartoon characters in Family Guy:
Fox treated viewers to everything from an ‘eleven-way’ gay orgy to baby Stewie eating a bowl of cereal with horse sperm instead of milk … if that isn’t enough, the show’s leading character is also shown fanaticizing about his wife and moaning while a horse licks his bare behind. Clearly, the explicit content was not isolated to one instance in one segment of the show; it permeated the entire program.
McFarlane has been targeted by the PTC in the past, and frankly, he does not seem to care. Last year, when asked to comment about the PTC’s campaign against his programming, McFarlane had these choice words:
Oh, yeah. That’s like getting hate mail from Hitler. They’re literally terrible human beings. I’ve read their newsletter, I’ve visited their website, and they’re just rotten to the core. For an organization that prides itself on Christian values — I mean, I’m an atheist, so what do I know? — they spend their entire day hating people. They can all suck my d**k as far as I’m concerned.
THR has a clip of one of the highly offensive scenes, so feel free to check it out on their website. After reading this article and viewing the clip, I have to say that I too was outraged. I really feel like I need to do something about this. In fact, I think tonight, I’m going to have a serious talk with the hubby about this situation, because I really feel strongly about it.
Why am I outraged, you ask? I cannot believe I’ve never seen Family Guy. I mean, holy shit, this show looks awesome! I mean, look at that description from PTC? Does it get any better than that? I need to go home and convince the hubby to order Family Guy on Netflix, because anytime you have a show with horse sperm, I will be recording that shit on my DVR. Seriously, though — here’s a partial list of other TV shows that have been targeted by the PTC for containing “indecent” content:
- The Billboard Music Awards — I remember when NSYNC was on the Billboard Music Awards, indecently gyrating their hips and dry-humping the ground. How filthy and indecent! Great television!
- Las Vegas — The simple act of putting Josh Duhamel on television without a shirt is inherently indecent and offensive. Great television!
- The Golden Globe Awards — Look at the last Golden Globes, with that entire cast of Slumdog Millionaire? It can’t get more offensive than children from the India slums acting as children from India slums with childhood crushes. Gross! Great television!
- Friends — 3 men, 3 women, and all that talk about sexy time. It was like an orgy on prime time. Great television!
- Today — Yeah, first Katie Couric, and now Matt Lauer. You really can’t get more indecent than having someone who describes him/herself as a journalist, but then spends mornings sexually massaging dough in a segment on how to make your own bread during a recession. Sick! Cover your eyes!
Nice work PTC. I might bookmark your webpage just to get a heads up on great television I’m missing. Thanks!
Tina Fey, if you’re reading this — I have a feeling that the PTC will next put 30 Rock on its hit list (if it hasn’t already). And you know what, if you make that list, I will shed tears in pride.
Discover me, Tina Fey!